RE: [compost_tea] Tea Brewer

From: TaChung Huang <tachung_h_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:39:21 +0800

Elaine: I am producing CT in Taiwan and have used it for watermelon in
its first harvest. In this harvest we produced 1500+ watermelon without
using chemicals. We used vermicompsot, kelp powder, humic acid, molasses
and two self-made brewers of 650 L each to make our CT. Twice a week, we
applied around 400 litter of CT, without dilution, to one hector of
watermelon field.

They are the most tasting watermelon in the season. People say that the
taste and the texture are like what it used to be 30 years ago. We are
going to have two hectors of watermelon in the coming season starting in
mid-June.

In our first experiment with watermelon, CT suppressed the diseases
quite well. Without SFI lab nearby, I can only use the monitored DO
level to guess the quality of the CT. Partially due to the water
temperature here, 24 - 27 C, the DO readings have been in high 7+ at the
best.

How can we get a SFI lab alike capability in here quickly ?

Regards
TaChung Huang (¶À¤j©¾)