[compost_tea] Re: Defining what is compost tea - NOP dangers?

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:51:26 -0700

Gail -- Thanks for your thoughts. USNOP has turned off a lot of good
organic practitioners in just the way you suggest. It is largely designed
to give big conventional producers a boost into organics. (I'll go back to
an early example: What is organic about using ethylene gas to "degreen"
fruit? See National List #41, I think) No GE stuff, no sewage sludge, and
no irradiation are good things, and there are many other good elements. In
my little corner of the world, I am frightened by their manure agenda, and
compost tea, and vermicompost, which officially doesn't exist under NOP
today. How is that for a joke?

So I hear you, dearly, but we differ. I've heard others suggest a new
non-organic organic organization, but I want USNOP to get it right, dammit!
Rather than go around them, I prefer the notion of going at them. If we
don't succeed, then I guess democracy might not work in America anymore. I
am mad as hell about what USNOP manure-heads are doing and I'm not going to
take it anymore!

Kirk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM