[compost_tea] Re: Defining what is compost tea - NOP dangers?

From: jery_morgan <jery_morgan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:14:13 -0000

to me if you add good compost or good soil and a organic food for the
soil life and air and water how can that be not organic? If
everything you use is approved ! the water and air should not make
it non organic or sturing or mixing it should not make all that was
organic not organic. What are all u talking about? If the tea is
water organic compost or organic soil or organic humus and organic
approved food how can anyone say its not organic because u mix it.
water is ok soil or compost or humus if organic is ok just make sure
the food u use is organic and I think the organic certifier would
have a hard time saying mixing them makes them not organic. what
part of CT would not be organic in a organic CT? I don't understand
what the problem is. what part is not organic?\\\ the air the mixing
the food the life ? what? If its not healthy make them take the
water the soil the organic food the air the soil life away from the
earth. All that was here when i got here. I am greatful. Its
natural its life. what part is not organic? thats the part i will
not use. I don't think you should define compost tea . I think you
should make sure everything in it is organic and safe. After all we
all want organic to mean safe. I am glad organic folks are not
putting raw shit on my food. its the manure law that is making it
safe . I do think the USDA saying all manure is organic have not
been to feed lots and their law about all greenwaste is organic is
nuts. there are herbicides etc. in that stuff. I think the problem
is the USDA wants to get rid of all that what they call green waste
and feed lot waste and Im more worried about them spreading it out on
organic land and calling that organic . thats were i think the law
is going wrong. I agree i want the USDa to get it right also.

 I am frightened by their manure agenda, and
> compost tea, and vermicompost, which officially doesn't exist under
NOP
> today. How is that for a joke?
>
> So I hear you, dearly, but we differ. I've heard others suggest a
new
> non-organic organic organization, but I want USNOP to get it right,
dammit!
> Rather than go around them, I prefer the notion of going at them.
If we

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM