Re: [compost_tea] What to call it besides compost tea?

From: Gail Raby <graby_at_midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:54:27 -0500

I like the name compost tea or AACt because it rolls easily off the tounge,
and because it is familiar. However, the point has been well made -- its
one of those words that have many meanings to many people and has
been around long before this group (and Elaine and her philosophy) and
will probably be one of those words always plagued with varialble meanings
and interpretations. And if a new name is created, it can be copyrighted
(by Elaine??) as a protection, and no one may then redefine it to meet
purposes of their own agenda which as we currently see being done with
the word organic.

So to create a new name, perhaps it would be good to ask what is this
stuff. A nutrient? -- No. A bio-cide? --No A microbial soil remedial?
--Yes, I think so. Tea --yes, but what other words work to adequately
name this liquid.

What are key words: Active -- Aerated--Aerobic--Alternative (not orthadox
standard chemical paradigmn SOP) -- Wholistic/Holistic -- probably not a
clear term --Mibrobial (what word means it
has a diverse michroherd??)

What defines the starter. A compost of ??? A vermicompost?? Humic
soil?? Living Soil?? What other words would apply and clearly indicate
what is appropriate starter material.

Once all these definitions & qualities and purposes are clear and succint,
maybe an a good acroynm can be developed from them.

g.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM