Re: [compost_tea] RE: Questions about hoses

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:24:53 -0700 (PDT)

Yes didn't medical science recently decide that the stuff was a hazard because it did eliminate all normal exposure to microbes, thus damaged the immune system. Further left the skin open to unfriendly microbes because we killed off the friendly. A La what we are learning about nature in CT research. The kids that grow up in 'dirty' conditions end up in better health. I bet it sells really well. Bob

irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com> wrote:
>There are hoses safe for drinking water. You can get them from an RV
>store. I have not seen them with antimicrobial activity.

Thanks, Paulette. There is an antimicrobial hose in the latest Smith
and Hawken catalog, and there was one in today's advertising insert
from Lowe's.

I've been told that the active ingredient in the anti-microbial hoses
is triclosan, aka
2,4,4'-trichloro-2'-hydroxydiphenyl ether, the stuff they put in
everything from sanitary hand washing liquid to socks these days,
apparently to make us all safe from 'germs'.

I can't think that it would be a great ingredient in CT.

irene

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor