[compost_tea] Re Africa

From: Mike Benton <compost_at_mweb.co.za>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:01:51 +0200

Hi Scott
Re tea first as promised:} If your DO didn't drop to much perhaps when you
cooked it , maybe a lot of the little guys got toasted. Just how hot did it
get. And what did it smell like. The reason why I use diffusers is to avoid
the pressures in the throat of the venturi.I know that Doc E and others have
said that is no problem but by not using a venture then I know that it is no
problem. Another reason is that you are able to tailor make the slit in the
membrane this allows you to play with the bubble size.
A question of my own to all out there. What would be the end result of two
teas made with the same ingredients ,with the only difference being that 5%
molasses is added to the brewer in the first tea and a second tea made with
only half% and the other 4 and % added to the sprayer just prior to
spraying. Maybe that question can be asked at 10% even I am not sure.
As I don't have a full sized unit my self ,I don't actually sell my own tea
rather I arrange with farmers in the areas required who have my machine to
supply. That way they get to meet and help each other out .I will build my
own machine if I get a decent area near me to supply. At the moment the tea
costs less than 10 sa cents a lt.I suggest that they sell for 50 sa cents.
This is still affordable to trial out but when the farmer wants to start
using on a decent scale then the cost drops radically .I get to sell a
machine and he pays 20% of what he was paying and has total control of
timing and quality.
 Best you start packing as the flowers start from Aug and go until Oct/Nov.I
am only 100 kms from Paarl in fact my PO box is there >nice townWe are in
the next valley north of Paarl along the Bree river between Robertson and
Worcester. We have a lot of the Namaqua flowers growing almost all year in
the garden.
I was never much of a rugby fan, the only odd shaped balls I ever played
with were caused by motorcycles : )
Regards
Mike Benton
Compost Technologies
compost_at_mweb.co.za <mailto:compost_at_mweb.co.za> mobile 0823345371

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM