[compost_tea] ICTC Meet

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:23:16 -0800

Hi folks,

I just got back from the first International Compost Tea Council education =
session with Dr. Elaine and many of the ICTC board members and many of you =
on this list. There were about 70 folks and from all over....California, A=
laska, Oregon, Canada, Washington...a great bunch of people. It was great t=
o meet those of you who are on this list. What fun to be able to put a face=
 to a name. Kirk L, incidentally, has a beard. ):

It was terrific to see all the different brewers....KIS, BOBs, Growing Solu=
tion, Worm Gold. And there were several commercial spay trucks.

And, of course, Dr. Elaine and Hendrikus! Always terrific. We had two morni=
ngs of lectures and q and a and in the afternoon, we looked at brewers, spr=
ayers and continued the discussions outside.

For those who are still suspicious about the ICTC, get over your fears. THI=
S WAS A TERRIFIC EDUCATIONAL WEEKEND AND THE ICTC BOARD MEMBERS DID AN OUTS=
TANDING JOB ORGANIZING AND RUNNING THE EVENT. They put a lot of time and en=
ergy into it and it showed. There is no question that if you support the id=
ea of AACT, you should join and support the educational efforts of the grou=
p. Do it now! http://www.intlctc.org/ It is a worthwhile effort. All of us =
at the seminars learned a tremendous amount.

I sure hope the ICTC will l do it again, perhaps in other parts of the coun=
try. iF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE SESSIONS, THE ENTIRE EVENT WAS VIDEO TAPE=
D AND A CD OF IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. AGAIN, CONTACT THE ICTC FOR MORE I=
NFO....

Anyone else there care to comment?

Cheers,

Jeff