[compost_tea] Re: Molasses, Seaweed & RUp

From: russell_snodgrass <jaxanrus_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:00:46 -0000

> Again, Russell -- How did you make such good fungal compost? And
did the
> molasses quantities in your CT samples include the activation
amounts?

> Kirk L

Kirk,
I went to the local compost maker, and had a look around the
operation and spotted one row of compost still quite warm with lots
of fungi growing in and on top of the wind row, so I thought thats
me, and we loaded the truck up and came home, and of course theres
the little addition of innoculum from the O horrison (decompsing bush
litter, 4kg added to 2000kg compost) of our native bush we have on
our property.
The molasses quantities that I stated are what went into the tea
brewer, half of the molasses at the start and the rest at the 12 hour
mark.
Here is a break down of the molasses that we buy in NZ, it might be
of interest.

Black Strap Molasses, Origin Australia

Typical Chemical Analysis:

BRIX 86
ME est (MJ of ME per kg DM) 11.8

           g/100g
Dry matter 78.4
Sucrose 51
Nitrogen 1.1
Crude Protein 6.9
Calcium 0.80
Phosphorous 0.06
Magnesium 0.41
Potassium 3.8
Sulphur 0.3
Sodium 0.04

           mg/kg
Copper 4
Iron 120
Manganese 69
Zinc 11
Cobalt 1
Iodine 0.5

DCAD +211

Russell

Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Naturally Painless Spray, Coral Calcium, No Snore, EZ Appetite Suppressant.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2882
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yoMABA/ruYGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM