[compost_tea] Root nematodes in potatoes

From: Merla Barberie <herbnmerla_at_supersat2.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:39:55 -0700

A friend at the Farmer's Market at Sandpoint talked to me yesterday
about their problem with root nematodes. She said they thought they
might have come in on some Yukon Gold potatoes they bought from Garden
City Seeds. They have used hogs to try and get up every bit of potato
out of that field and then put a cover crop on it. I told her about the
nematodes that eat root-feeding nematodes and that she could possibly
get some of these from SFI. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what
they can do besides just wait three years in cover crop? She also asked
whether root nematodes ate all other root crops or roots of all crops or
if there were specific ones they liked.

Best,

Merla Barberie

Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM