Re: [compost_tea] Root nematodes in potatoes

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:35:25 -0500

I guess you know that Elbon Rye will help control nematodes. It has been
suggested that French marigolds, a warm season plant, will also help control
nematodes. You can read more about both of these on this Texas A&M website.
Those aggies are slowly opening up to organics, though in this article you
can feel their pain over not being able to use Vapam anymore! It also lists
a few crops that are nematode resistant.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/misc/nematodes.html

There is also a product called Sincocin, which will help control nematodes.
>From the literature, <Plant extract from Quercus falcata, Rhus aromatic,
Rhizophora mangle, and Opuntia lindheimeri is the sole active ingredient in
the end-use products Agrispon and Sincocin.>
There is not much that I could find on the web, but for more see
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/herb-growthreg/naa-rimsulfuron/plant-ex
tract620/plant-extract-tol.html

Steve Bridges