Re: [compost_tea] Copper and CT

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:09:10 -0500

So sulfur applied to the soil, either in granular or wettable form is harmf=
ul to the fungi in the soil? Sulfur is used in many lawn applications to op=
en the soil, lower the pH, and chelate some nutrients. Is sulfur helpful to=
 the lawn, partially, because it gives the bacteria the upperhand over the =
fungi population? What does this do to the biology, or fungi, necessary for=
 the trees growing in the lawn?
Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery