[compost_tea] Re: ACT

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:04:50 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "tomjasz" <tom_at_l...> wrote:

> Unfortunately, but understandably the developers of the nutrient
> packs have invested thousands of dollars in their "recipes". Two
> developers I have conversations with aren't particularly excited
> about having a competition. They are busy with their farmers, fruit
> growers and viticulturists developing successful operations based
on
> sustainable practice and using ACT as a part of the program. The
> controlled testing has been going on with several manufacturers for
> several years. The idea of a competition borders on the ridiculous
> from my perspective. What would such a competition achieve?
> Apparently several tea systems are producing stellar results. Some
> find the need to blather about and have NOT achieved any consistent
> successes.(comment not directed at list!) I continue to suspect
they
> bandy about only the best of their tests. Other manufacturers
> consistently produce high quality tea without competitions or this
> list. Please don't misunderstand that comment...there are over 300
> members and about ten posters!!!
>
> Thanks for the invitation Tom! I already wrote Brewer Bob and this
list two opinions earlier today which I cancelled for consideration
to all.
   I'd have to say my bottom line is cost perhaps like many of you.
I believe in tests, like Jeff. I am a lab tech in a food testing lab
and don't make enough money to hire tests on tea I'll use on a 65
acre farm. In our lab we use standard testing procedures. Some
samples(duplicates) are sent to other labs to see how we compare to
them. You might be suprised but they don't get the same answer we
get any way. Even labs(and brewers) must deal with accuracy and
precision.
  So I'll be brewing, testing applying and reporting based on what I
glean from this board and seminars and cd's and ATTRA and whatever
else might work without hiring many experts. I guess this is better
than spraying pesticides herbicides and fertilizers. Dennis Kemnitz

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM