[compost_tea] Re: Fruit Club Update

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:30:43 -0000

The next question should be, what effect does the preservative have
on the end product. Tom Piatkowski will hopefully write some on the
effect. I believe Saponyn also has a preservative. I have used and
tested with ThermX70 and Saponyn and test results didn't show any
problem. Highland, I think, uses Saponyn in their ACT and has had
some of the most diverse teas brewed to date. I think we should check
the science here. Unfortunately the users of preservative free Yucca
haven't tested nor has the seller posted any test results.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Lmvine1_at_c... wrote:
> It may be OMRI listed but in an e-mail from factory they said they
use a
> preservative!!
> E-mail below in quotes.
> "We use 0.1% sodium benzoate as a preservative in the Thermx-70.
The percent
> saponin in Thermx-70 is a minimum of 20%, it is usally aroun 23%.
If you have

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM