Re: [compost_tea] probiotics

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

That is an impressive study your presentd on probiotics. Sounds like a good product. It sounds a lot like ACT. There are some differences. Others will tell you more than I will, Clay. This is my question and statement:

How does the cost of this product compare to compost tea? If you were to cover say 10 acres with ACT it would cost from $ 450 plus of miinus about $250.

What is the true diversity of those products? We think ACT has a diverse population of microes in the order of a few hundred to many thousands of varieties. The better to eat a wider range of adverse microbes or other wise protect yout plants.

There might be some advantage of adding probioics to the ACT just before applicaation
But listen to the rest of the ACT group. That is why we are all here. Bob