Re: [compost_tea] Re: probiotics

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:25:19 -0700 (PDT)

Like many products Dennis, ACT is mad according to a certain formula. After several similare brews in a given machine it is within reasonable certainty that other brews made the same way will approximate the same results,. So yo as customer need only use the factory directions to get known results. Bob

dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harvey" <mharvey_at_w...>
wrote:
> probioticsClayton,
> my main question is, does anyone have any advice on how the product
below would differ from compost tea?
> A The product below has only 24 strains of beneficial bacteria and
fungi compared to AACT made to SFI specifications that has thousands
of species. One of the reasons for this is that durring screening of
organisms for inoculants of this type one of the criteria is that
they can be put to sleep and have a shelf life and then can be
reliably activated again. This limits the number of species.
> See SFI Compost tea brewers manual for more detail, this document
is essential if you are serious about using AACT.
> The product below does not have protozoa or nematodes.
> The cost per ha for the product below will be far higher than
brewing your own AACT!!
> my main concern with brewing my own compost tea is quality control,
so i am wondering if the product below would be more reliable to
introduce microbes.
> A. As far as I am aware this product has not been tested at SFI, I
am not sure if plate counts have been done either. Ask the
manufacturer.
> You can brew your own AACT and send tests to SFI Lismore by express
post, send on Monday and it should reach Lismore by Tue or Wed. This
will give exceptional quality control.

> ><<<>><<<>Hey mike not to rub it in the ground but what do these
tests cost exactly? I can see testing a sample from a 20 ton tanker
if I had it sold by the gallon or 5 gallon quantity but not from a 50
gallon bucket of product! And if it were sold how would I stabilize
it for the end user a day or two or a week down the road? Dennis

<><<><><><><><><><><><>Info below Clipped by Dennis. See previous
message if necessary.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT