Re: [compost_tea] Testing tea has to be done properly.....

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:24:02 -0400

I agree with Jeff. I'm not aware of anyone taking their samples by letting the particulate material settle to the bottom of the tank and taking material from the settled tea. But it is not representative of the tea that will be sprayed out on your plants. Why would anyone take a sample this way, except to trick the tests into looking good, when in fact the tea isn't that good?

As if people buying the tea or the machine don't then have trouble obtaining the numbers the tea maker is claiming..... so this approach to testing will back-fire on the person doing this, when people either don't get the numbers, or the benefit to their plants that the tea should be giving.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY
SFI Lismore, NSW, Australia
SFI Hilversum, The Netherlands
SFI Cambridge, New Zealand
www.soilfoodweb.com

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM