Explain to me, please...

I am a fourth year Environmental Studies student, at Carleton University,
in Ottawa, Ontario.  For my research paper I have decided to do a
comparison.  What I am comparing is the "Ecological Footprint" of CSA with
that of specialized, globally envisioned agricultural practices.  The
Ecological Footprint is.... an "accounting too that enables us to estimate
the resource consumption and waste assimilation of a defined human
population or economy in terms of corrosponding productive land area"
(Rees, 1996)  What I need is information on what is involved in a "typical"
CSA farm, throughout the farm's life.  For example, what is the average
size of a farm, how far out is it located, what type of machinery is used,
is crop rotation a regualr practice, the impact on the soil, etc.

I would really appreciate it if anyone out there could help me out.  I am
awaiting a reply.....

Hilary Chop

hchop@sympatico.ca