Farmstand & CSA???

I have just discovered this site, and hope your members can give us some good
advice. We are currently operating an organic vegetable farm in upstate NY,
marketing all produce through our farmstand. Our location is good for local
and tourist traffic, so we don't want to discontinue this marketing method.
We are considering adding a CSA to the farm next year, to broaden our
customer base. Has anyone had experience operating both CSA and farmstand? Is
it necessary to keep the gardens completely separate? What might be the
potential problems? Any comments would be most appreciated!
Thanks, Linda at Homestead Farms