Barnes and Noble

Does a vast and potentially instructive irony lie in the fact that
Steve McFadden is doing a CSA book-signing at Barnes & Noble............

As a CSA thats about to accept its first members I think its good that the
"general public" will find out about the concept.  Our farm is one of the
last open spaces left in our town (yep big houses, Sport utillity v.) so we
"need" this population to be our customers so that we can afford in the
coming years to 1. keep the space open 2. Quit the real jobs and farm full
time.  We envision as the years progress including an educational componet
to the farm ie: school tours, classes, and I've been giving thought to
volunteering to give "farmy" talks in the local schools.  About the later
any suggestions?

My childrens former 2nd grade teacher is the first teacher I would approach
I think she very much would enjoy such a program. And the Massachusetts Farm
Bureau(think thats right) has a program something like Agriculture in the
classroom where I can get some info.
Thank-you for an interesting thread and any info you can share. Beth