Re: gravel tailings for fertilizer? <not spam, really>

"Somebody" here ("I Used to Wonder Why Somebody Didn't Do Something, Then I
Realized I _Am_ Somebody").

The David Yarrow article is in the July/August issue of "Organic Farms, Folks
& Foods" published by the Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York,
Inc.  Single issues are free but folks requesting one should include a few
dollars ($3 would be nice) to cover postage and handling -- this is a _very_
not-for-profit group doing important work on a very tight budget.

This particular issue of their newsletter includes a listing of the farms
certified by NOFA-NY this year.

Part II of the research results will appear in a future issue.  A $25
individual membership ($15 student or senior) would ensure that you didn't
miss it -- membership includes six issues of this newsletter plus four of The
Natural Farmer, and discounts for NOFA-NY events and on publications listed in
the newsletter, so it's a good value even if you don't live in New York.

Make checks payable to NOFA-NY and send to

     NOFA-NY
     PO Box 21
     South Butler, NY  13154

Yah, I'm a member.  They tied me down at the Hampshire College conference last
month and tickled me until I re-upped.  No, they don't do that for just
anybody.  <G>

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY