Analyze Missouri Granite and Other Tailings?

>I hope i'm not re-stating the obvious, but maybe have a representative
>sample of the tailings analyzed at your local soils lab?

Thanks, Pat, for the suggestion. I heard last year from a friend that
volcanic ash has properties that greatly improve soil fertility and that
Oregon and Washington have had bumper crops since the eruption of Mt.
St. Helens, which erupted in 1980, spreading ash over those 2 states in
some areas and beyond. He and Acres material said that paramagnetic
qualities of granite rock may also improve fertility. I'm not clear
whether the ash is paramagnetic. There is granite in the area of
Ironton, Missouri, and we obtained a sample, which our friend found is
not significantly paramagnetic. One quarry there has broken granite rock
from a monument operation, but not much powder. We decided not to pursue
that, i.e. finding someone to crush it into powder, since it's not
paramagnetic. But granite is igneous rock, so maybe it'd contain useful
minerals. Still, it'd have to be crushed first. Would anyone near
Ironton like to get the granite analyzed? Or has someone done so
already. We got granite dust last year from Georgia via a middleman in
Springfield, Ill. That dust is apparently highly paramagnetic, but we
don't have a mineral analysis yet. We were shown fields, however, that
didn't previously produce well, till after granite dust was applied.