shamless plug

Our farm got into the paper, while I don't think its going to send a wave of
customers our way I hope it helps to educate about preserving farmland.
I'll write just a bit, from the Boston Globe author Sacha Pfeiffer. "The
letter arrived at Peter and Beth Hook's farmhouse with the hard reality of a
slap in the face.

Delivered on town stationery last spring, its message was chilling: Roughly
half of the couple's 85-acre property- a working farm that supports a
commercial vegetable garden, (would have been nice if she'd said CSA) a herd
of beef cattle, three draft horses and a donkey- had been selected as a
possible site for a new high school.  Later they learned the land could be
taken by eminent domain.

For years, the couple had steadfastly held out against developers, deciding
instead to protect the rural character of the land and preserve it for
posterity.  "My first reaction was to feel hurt and betrayed, " said Beth
Hook, whose father-in-law bought the farm in 1949.  "We always felt like we
were doing the town a service by keeping our land undeveloped..  Then it was
like the town was saying, "Thank you so much for keeping the land open.  But
now we're going to put a school on it because everybody else sold their
land".

It goes on to quote people in various dept and conservation groups about how
it will get increasingly difficult to protect farmland as population in
these suburban areas goes up.  It was a good article, although not really
adamant enough. Like wake up people is all you want to look at is
neighborhoods and buildings?

Oh well I am preaching to the choir!

Keep up the good work.  Give your land a hug.  I know that was sappy.  Beth
Hook