Hello

 Hello,
 	My name is Paul McEvoy.  I am 23 and looking for work in the
 field of sustainability.  I saw some job advertisements posted and hope
 no one minds me posting a request for imformation and some sort of a
 resume.
 	I am interested in finding an organization that is working to
 connect people with the skills of the past and future which will be
 needed to create a sustainable society.  Particularly I would like to
 work with an organization that works to teach people the skills of food
 growing and works to show people ways of creating lives that are lighter
 on the earth than the way we have come to live.
 	I graduated with a degree in Jazz Bass from New England
 Conservatory in June 1997.  For most of a year after that I worked in a local
 boatyard fixing boats.  I whought it would be helpful to know how to fix
 things in my life and it has come in handy to know how to use tools.
 After I left the boatyard I worked at Quail Hill Organic Farm in
 Ammagansett NY.  I wanted to learn how to grow food, but in the end got
 an education in much more.  Since Quail Hill was a CSA I saw first hand
 a possible solution to some of our food problems.  It was great to be
 part of the community of farmers and members, as I began to see the real
 effect of providing good, safe food for people and how much joy it
 brought them.  My experience at Quail Hill made me want to continue the
 work of bringing people to a closer and deaper relationship with their
 food source.
 	When I left the farm in spetember (my apprenticeship was over) I
 travelled through the Maritime Provinces of Canada, visiting some
 craftsman and homesteaders who practice sustainable techniques in
 forestry, food growing and logging.  I also visited Cape Breton Island
 in Nova Scotia and saw the strength of the Irish/Scottish cultural
 tradition that has survived there.  Like me experience with food at
 Quail Hill seeing the musical tradition in Cape Breton made me want work
 towards bringing people to a more personal relationship with music, in
 the hope that in doing so we will bring people closer to the tradition
 of sustainability.
 	Anyway, it is a hard resume to put down on a list as I have had
 more experiences since I graduated then I have had jobs.  I hope to put
 the skills I have developed to good use in education or research in
 small scale agriculture and sustainable communities.  I would be
 interested in talking to anyone who might have some information or
 prospects for me.  I am willing to relocate and would like to find an
 organization who might have work for 2-3 years, as long as we were both
 satisfied.  If you have any information or leads for me, please reply to
 this email address, or send mail to my home.

 Paul McEvoy
 35 Cedar Grove St.
 Patchogue, NY 11772
 516-289-0478

 Thank you for reading, and my apologies for the off topic nature of
 this and its length, but I figured that if anyone could help me it would
 probably be the members of this list.