sliding scale pricing

We have sometimes considered setting up a sliding scale pricing system for
our farm shares. Our members range from relatively low income families to
pretty well-off retired folks. What has been the experience of farms that
have tried this? Do the people with money help pay for the ones who don't,
or does everyone take the low road to discount prices? How low do you start
the bottom end- compared to what you would charge as a "regular" or single
price?

Jo and Jim
"The Community Farm" newsletter
A Voice for Community Supported Agriculture