seed varieties

One of the favorites with our subscribers are the green Middle Eastern
summer squash. This last summer a man who runs a flower stand near one
of our drop off sites started teasing me that I was letting them grow
way too large (we picked them at about 5-6 inches). "Back home we would
only use these to feed the goats."  Last week we were flying back from a
visit to India and stopped in Oman.  Sure enough, in the markets these
squash were for sale after being picked at 3-4 inches in length. I still
think they taste great (much better than yellow or zuchinni) at the
slightly larger size but next year we will pick them small.