Intro and Hello!

Howdy y'all,

I recently subscribed, and want to introduce myself.  I'm Fred, just
finishing up on my MS in Sustainable aquaculture from Cal Poly Pomona.  We
have a little research farm where we integrate animal production with plant
production, both aquatic and terrestrial.  We try to farm exclusively with
reclaimed water, and are fairly successful.  Reclaimed water is
tertiary-treated municipal waste water, and its load of NPK can be both a
blessing and a curse.  By adapting Chinese methods of pond management, we
grow big healthy animals and plants while extracting almost all of the
nutrients from the water.  In fact, What effluent there is from the
aquaculture system meets all California safe drinking water standards.

Upon graduation, I hope to find a farm interested in diversifying into
aquaculture and benefitting from integrating pond byproducts into
terrestrial agriculture.  I would love to be affiliated with a CSA!

I look forward to reading more tantalizing tidbits from you.  Good luck in
'99!

Fred

FMChambers@csupomona.edu			Agricultural Sciences
Earning an MS in Sustainable Aquaculture at Cal Poly Pomona, I enjoy the
rewards and challenges of living, learning, working, and playing. The
dedicated, hard working team of students, staff, and faculty is the best
part of being involved with the Center for Regenerative Studies  Anyone
*CAN* live a comfortable, modern life, without the big environmental
footprint.  http://www.csupomona.edu/~crs/index.html

The Black Walnut Alliance is one of many campus groups encouraging Cal Poly
to explore environmentally responsible uses of campus green space.  Their
only idea so far is a golf course!  Everyone can post comments and
suggestions at: http://www.regen.org