Re: comments on UDSA/NOP cost and benefits to organic farmersan

>  Say if
> they can test food why do they burden the poor organic farmer to see that
> he is organic.  Test the food.  bottom line.  they can check an organic
> farmer place, make him pay for inspections and make him do all the paper
> work but if he does not pass the  food test the food is not organic.

Don't forget that you cannot test on artificial synthetic nutrients,
and if you don't know what pesticides to look for you can't find them
either.
(BTW the plants I produce cannot be eaten)
Frits v/d Laan
Certified Organic Horticulture
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/F.vd.Laan/
The Netherlands