From: Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: 22 August 2000 23:54
Subject: En: Polyculture / Castor

Dear Friends at the  Permaculture List,

Please find annexed for your interest  a resume(with photographs) of the
first field trials of dyland polycultures with castor as main cash crop
 hosted by my husband who is the director of the castor oil plant here-- any
resemblance with Permaculture is mere coincidence...  ;-)  )  In the first
year the polycultures produced the double of conventional field management,
in terms of income, without mentioning the large quantitiy of foodstuffs
produced for the farmerīs table.  The results are exciting, and plans are
being made to implant some 80 trial fields next year, in major dryland
bioregions of the state of Bahia, Brazil...

Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia
http://www.geocities.com/oliarte