Re: Logo Symbolism & other threads

Robyn wrote:
>The 'PRI head' you refer to I assume is Geoff Lawton who has no more
>authority on the subject than any other Pc teacher. PRI paid Bill
>Mollison $250 for a licence to use the egg symbol for merchandise.
Bill
>only gives this licence for 2 years. I've been disturbed by the way
PRI
>have used the egg symbol as their PRI logo which has led a lot of
people
>to think that PRI is the authoritive institute.

Correct, but of course that wasn't pointed out to me at the time.
Thanks for clearing up the roles of the various institutes.

I wonder what the College of Graduates is, that Bill refers to in the
Permaculture Designer's Manual? Bill Mollison wrote:
"Permaculture ... copyright is vested in the Permaculture Institutes
and their College of Graduates".

Geoff told me that meant the Graduates themselves - but we should
clear this up.

Robyn wrote:
>I was previously under a similar assumption to what Marcus stated and
>have used the symbol in a low-key way only in association with
>information about PDC's and The Permaculture Institute - I recently
>received a request from The Permaculture Institute (Bill & Lisa
Mollison)