GBlist: HEPA-filter vacuum cleaners

Hello Greenbuilding Folk,

I'm interested in learning more about HEPA-filter vacuum cleaners to reduce
allergens and irritants.  Can anyone recommend a relatively objective source
of information/reviews.  I'd love to read a "Consumer Reports" type of
article comparing several makes and models written by a reliable source.

Also, is anyone familiar with steam-cleaning systems, such as the one sold
by Real Goods (the Vaporetto 2085 [$550] and 2000R [$770] Ecological System
from Polti of Italy).  Are they reliable, how well do they clean, and how do
they effect allergens and irritants?

Thank you,

Michael
202-626-2455