Re: GBlist: No suggestions for seaside erosion control?

There's a very good book called "The Earth Manual" that discusses this and
other issues.

Basically, the idea would be to set up some terrace sort of structure on
the hill and start planting.

One thing the author loved to use for terracing was willow cuttings. You
take them, stick them into the ground like fence posts, and lay logs or
sticks between them to form a sort of sloppy retaining wall. By the time
all the wood rots you should have good plant cover to hold things in place.

Erosion of the topsoil is the thing to stop, so go out and look at it in
the rain and try and decide how you can add features to stop rivers from
running down the slope and forming gullies.

Good luck!
> From: Ron Hughes <ronhughes@energyhome.com>
> To: greenbuilding@crest.org
> Subject: GBlist: No suggestions for seaside erosion control?
> Date: Thursday, April 24, 1997 6:26 AM
>
> It is rare that a request for input fails to get any response from this
> group. Perhaps its the subject, or maybe we are all inlanders like me.
But