Re: [seedsavers] Hello - spinach to Lawlrence

Woody wrote:

> Savoy:
> We're working on the Bloomsdales up here - I have both the Long Standing
> Bloomsdale and Winter  Bloomsdale available for trading.

I did not know there are two varieties of Bloomsdale. I have a lot growing in the garden now, seeds
I planted about 1.5 months ago. It survives the cold with no losses.

I get my Bloomsdale from Mountain Valley Seed. Co. in 50 lb. boxes. I plant it thick then thin it out.

> Smooth:
> If anyone wants some smooth,  I have a bag of a new mix to share.  We let
> two hybrids interbreed - - I've not grown it out yet but it can be expected
> to present quite a diverse mix of new combinations of genes and traits -
> could be lotsa fun.  I'll be using this mix to provide selections but I have
> way more than I need so it is trading stock too.

I would like to try some of this variety.

Spinach is one of my main crops. It grows well on my land (1+ pound plants at harvest)
and there is a big demand for it.