Re: ah, spring...

It's been done before, but I will reiterate the request that Carolinabirders
not refer to birds by their bird banding abbreviated names.  They can
generally be figured out, but with the volume of messages who wants to stop
and think what AMGO means?

While I'm on my soap box, I want to second the message from Amanda Smith
encouraging Carolinabirders to support their local independent bookseller.
In Raleigh we have Quail Ridge Books (Ridgewood Shopping Center on Wade
Avenue convenient to I-40) which was just named Publishers Weekly Bookseller
of the Year.  They have a good selection of field guides and can generally
special order others with delivery in 2-3 days.  They have stocked guides
when I advised that others than myself would be interested.  Seniors and
Readers Club members get a discount.

Clyde Smith
Raleigh, NC
Smith82534@aol.com