RE: Make that EIGHT (8) heron nests at Greenview!

OK John, you counted more nest than me. I visited Greenview Pond today
thanks to your posts over the last few days. My favorite bird is the
heron--or one of my favorite anyway. (See my favorite heron photo
www.reallyusefulpage.com/birds/pages/IMG_5482.htm I also like pelicans and
egrets of all kinds too. I spent about four hours at Greenview Pond today. I
could not believe the incredible nests these herons build. They are way up
in the tops of trees that sway in the wind as much as 10 feet, I'd bet.

I shot a series of photos that shows what they look like as they fly in to
land on the nest. You may view it at:

http://www.reallyusefulpage.com/heron/FrameSet.htm

A few other of my bird photos are posted at:

www.reallyusefulpage.com/birds/

Not very organized, but you can view them as a slideshow or select them from
a thumbnail page.

Thanks to all of you on this list that have gotten me hooked on birds this
past year! I've just finished another book and will soon begin one on
digital camcorders. Yes, I will be shooting videos of herons! Sometime soon,
I will post streaming videos that can be viewed from a browser. Hopefully,
I'll get to shoot the heron babies if John lets me know when to come see
them.

Again, thanks John! Please keep me posted on the nest building activities.

---
Gregory Georges
Really Useful Content, Inc.
914 Kings Mill Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
Tel: (919) 929-1778

www.reallyusefulpage.com
Author of Digital Camera Solutions--a comprehensive
guide to getting the most from your digital camera
and digital images and Fifty Digital Photo Editing Techniques--
50 cool things you can do with your digital photos