cuckoo in conway

Yeah, other than me. This evening about 6:30 I was enjoying the daily
Northern Cardinal games when something dislodged one of the pretty red birds
from that ol' invasive English Ivy. Shortly thereafter, I heard what sounded
like a car  keyless remote sound. Then I heard it agin, and again...and
realized it was coming from the ivy. I finally saw the silhouette of the
bird, right size for a cuckoo, but given its location and the fading light,
there was no way to see it clearly. Uhhhh...I've never heard a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo make this sound. The tonal quality was much richer, more resonant and
more "musical." I'm pretty familiar with Yellow-billed Cuckoo, as they're
breeders in our neighborhood, and they were on every property in Horry and
Georgetown counties that we surveyed last breeding season.

    What y'all think? Comments, please.

    Oh yeah, the Black-chinned Hummingbird that Susan Campbell banded near
Socastee, SC continues his sojourn. He has a pal as of March 18 (10 days
early according to P&G) in the form of a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
axis1@sccoast.net
"Only under the condition of ordeal may I recover the sparrow." (Walker
Percy)