Louisiana Waterthrush!!!

Hello Folks,

Yesterday while I was enjoying an evening walk at TLC's Swift Creek Bluffs
Nature Preserve in Cary, I saw and heard my first Louisiana Waterthrush for
the year. In my mind, this bird is the true harbinger of spring. VERY
EXCITING!!!!  He was pretty far upstream, where the water shallows up a bit
and there's more exposed rocks for foraging.  While in Pennsylvania I spent
three years working on a bioindicator project concerning this species.  Not
surprisingly, I absolutely adore those little guys!!!

I'm relatively new to the Raleigh area, and I'm very excited to become part
of the birding community here.  I look forward to meeting you all!!

Cheers!!
Heather

Heather Wallace
Biologist, Earth Tech, Inc.