HBSP Monday, March 26

As reported earlier in the week, the Red-necked grebes are still present on
the south side of the jetty at HBSP. I'm not sure whether or not tides make
a difference, but I was there just before low tide and into the ebbing tide.
The Eared and Horned Grebes were fishing in the surf between the entrance to
the beach and the jetty.  In the left causeway pond there were two Mute
Swans busily feeding and oblivious to passersby.  Jack Peachey says they are
probably part of a feral population.

Ann Shahid
Charleston, SC
shahidrad@home.com