Aiken area (Scarlet Tan & Ovenbird nest

Hi Folks
            respond to capito@hotmail.com (not skua99)

A friend of mine invited several of us to his place in Aiken, SC to enjoy
the cool Monday evening. A few C. Waxwings flew in… but one was bright red.
I had my binos with me and enjoyed a long look at a breeding male SCARLET
TANAGER. "We've enjoyed him for three days" stated my friend.

Also on Monday, I found the first of the seasons OVENBIRD nest on the
Savannah River Site. It was being built by a female who must have just
arrived on Saturday or Sunday. I know this since I had been searching them
out all last week; the males arrived last Wed. (my pursuit, continuing from
last year, being development of an OVENBIRD habitat selection model for the
site). MAN! They get right down to business.

Lots of other migrants in and on territories.

Paul Champlin
New Ellenton, SC