SCARLET TANAGER in the NC piedmont

I got home from work yesterday and went to lay down in
the hammock(it was about 7:15). I was listening to all
the migrants sing in the woods(wood thrush and
ovenbird dominant), thinking about the "chick burrrr"
of the scarlet tanager and wondering if he would make
it this year with all the trees cut down by the
15-501.
And I swear 2 minutes later, I heard the "Chick
burrrr"!!!!! And then the song...And then it came
close to the house and I could see it! I went and got
Chris, and he(the tanager) came down by the front
porch for us to see with great sunlight on him. So
bright orangy-red with a little yellow still under his
black wing. Wow, it was something!
Kate

> =====
> Kate Finlayson