What a Day!

A great day for this novice birder!

It began with an unfamiliar birdsong, which led to a two day search, finally
paying off with a long listen, and a brief look at a hooded warbler moving
quickly through the underbrush on Butler Mountain.

Tonite, I heard the "squeeky wheel" I'd come to know from my "Birding by
Ear" CD's. Sure enough, my first black-and-white warbler was flitting from
branch to branch on a tall oak in my back yard.

There were several other warblers that passed swiftly through the yard
towards the west at the same time, but I couldn't ID them.

What a treat!!

Russ Palmeri

Asheville, NC