Warblers and other migrants

Dwayne and I did some birding today in the Foothills and up into the High
Country (where there still aren't ANY leaves, if you can believe it!!!!!)
and had quite a great day.  We ended up with 87 species---with about 1/3 of
them being recently arrived (or departing!) migrants.  Highlights of the day
included twelve warbler species:  Black & White, Worm-eating, Parula,
Yellow, B-thr. Blue, B-thr. Green, Yellow-rumped, Pine, Palm, Ovenbird, L.
Waterthrush, and Common Yellowthroat; three vireo species:  Blue-headed,
Red-eyed, and White-eyed; and other migrants like:  Wood Thrush, Scarlet
Tanager, Gray Catbird, Green Heron, Broad-winged Hawk, Spotted Sandpiper,
and Greater Yellowlegs.  Sparrow numbers were pretty good at the Wagner
Property in Happy Valley, NC where we saw many Savannahs, Songs, Swamps, and
one Vesper.  We were also treated to some breeding species of the High
Country---like Red-breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, and Pine Siskin. We
took some nice photos today of some of the birds we saw and included them on
the Foothills Bird Club website.  Click on the link below to see them.
(Don't forget to check out both pages---because the Tree Swallow pictures on
the second page are awesome!)

http://www.geocities.com/foothillsbirdclub/Migrants.html

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club