Waccamaw River last weekend.

Folks,

I heard a Whip-poor-will last Saturday night deep in the Big Green Swamp on
the Waccamaw River. First I`d heard in a long time. I don`t think I was
dreaming as none of the 5 other people along heard it. We also found 2
Yellow-crowned  Night Heron nests with adults over the river , a first in
13 years of visiting there. Also saw many small flocks of White Ibis at
dusk and a Anhinga  along the fish ponds further downstream. Another first
was a 3 foot alligator along the edge of the river and others in the group
saw one less than 2 foot long. Other spring migrants were very noisy along
the way as well.

Randy L Emmitt
Nature Photographer focusing on butterflies, dragonflies and wildflowers.
http://www.rlephoto.com