indigo in Chatham Co.

Chris came home for lunch yesterday, April 16th, ran
upstairs with both sets of binos in hand telling me
there was  an indigo in the back yard. Sure enough in
the water oak, blue peeking out of the green leaves.
and then he(the bird) moved a little closer and I knew
he was coming to the sunflower hearts feeder on the
balcony about 2 feet away from us at the window. Yes!
Beautiful shades of blue UP CLose(turquoise and purply
bluish head. For a minute. Then the female cardinal
came and he flew off. Maybe til fall...until we see
him again.
Kate
--- "Stephen J. Perry" <stevep@receptor-biol.duke.edu>
wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sat am at Eno revealed 2 new birds for me and some
> familiar ones.
>
> yellow-throated warbler (1 male)
> house wren (making an amazing fuss with wing shaking
> and singing)
> N parula (1 of each sex)
> Prairie warblers (>4)
> E phoebe (1)
> YR warblers (lots)
> white-eyed vireo (heard only)
> barn swallows (lots already nesting under the bridge
> at Cole Mill/pump station)
> pine warblers (>5 all singing)
>
> Also a report from 2 other birders of a worm-eating
> warbler (Hi Drew
> and Anna if you are out there!)
>
> Still no indigos :-(
>
> Mason Farm sat pm got a watersnake species,
> red-headed WP, white-eyed
> vireo, common yellowthroat, what I think may have
> been a hooded
> warbler and my first bug bites of the year. Oh and a
> sharpie shot
> into the trees in a steep dive. Missed the redstart
> and tanager sp I
> was told about: next time maybe!
>
> Steve Perry
>
> Receptor Biology Lab, Duke Uni Med Center, Durham,
> NC
>
> stevep@receptor-biol.duke.edu

=====
Kate Finlayson