Bird?

I was at Beaver Lake Saturday looking for the Warbling Vireo (never seen
one), and when I got to the cattai marsh, saw a silvery (best approximation)
warbler sized bird in a Willow tree. Seemed to be getting nest material; had
a wad of fluff in its mouth. Silver color, sort of like the back of a Brown
Headed Nuthatch; not quite the blue of a Red Breasted NH. Couldn't see any
wing bars etc, but looked rather like pics of a Tennessee. Any ideas?
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist
Asheville, NC
http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com