Bobolinks

A quick jaunt out to Anilorac Farm on Dairyland Road finally got me the
season's first Bobolinks. There was a flock of 10 in the ditch diagonally
across from the farm house. The corn in the field is still too low to
support any sizeable number of Bobs, and they eventually took off
flying. Again, there were no Warbling Vireos in the Maple trees out in
front of the farm house, but I am checking up on them every day now. Nor
did I see a Dickcissel as we had done last year.

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599