Blackburnian Warbler in the high country

Ok, twitchers,

This may be new.  Yesterday, on a run at Bass Lake in Blowing Rock, Lesley
Penfield and I got a couple of solitary sandpipers, hopping along the
shoreline.  Also, a small group (6) of ring-billed gulls.  Highlight
though...heard a blackburnian up in the conifers near the apple barn, along
with s couple of BTBWs.  Brought us to a stop.

Also, had a female SCTA acting really nesty near a singing male in the yard
yesterday.  GUess they may nest there again this year.

And this morning, the indigo buntings that I thought I heard by the yard
yesterday, verified themselves.  Had two males and a female at the feeder.
Also more broad-wingeds flying over.

Happy Birding to all.

Humanity is exalted not because we are so far above other living creatures,
but because knowing them well elevates the very concept of life.    Edward
O. Wilson

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate,
Appalachian State University, Biology