Re: Information on Swainson's Warbler in SC

>Birders,
>I will be visiting South Carolina on May 11-19 and will be in the Greenville
>area including Chester County.  I will only have time to visit the western
>part of the state.  I am interested in locating a Swainson's Warbler in the
>western region.  If anyone could give me a lead as to where I might find
>one, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanking you in advance.
>
>Mark Mount
>Amherst, MA
>msmount@pltpath.umass.edu

******

MARK . . .

Finding Swainson's Warbler in the Carolina Piedmont is quite
difficult. See http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek000501.html .

They can be found at Broad River Recreation Area (Union County) at at
Jones Gap (Greenville County).

Best wishes,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.