One I forgot; Visiting Oz birder; White-faced in VA

Hi Carolinabirders,

Virginia listserv mentions a White-faced Ibis at Chincoteague NWR on May
6, Sunday. Check
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/VABD.html
for updates.

Left one interesting bird from Irvin Farm off my report: a really sharp-
looking breeding-plumage Swamp Sparrow. Briefly thought of Lincoln's, as
this species has been reported from a few spots lately, but this one had
too bright red a cap for that species I think... Perhaps also noteworthy:
saw a grand total of ONE Yellow-rump all day. Actually, saw none, that
was a heard-only ID from a song. And with Blackpoll numbers in TX and FL
rising steadily, we'd better get our migrant landbirds while we can...

Pasted below: an RFI from an Australian birder who'll be coming through
our area. I'll tell him what I know, so others had better write and save
him from my advice!

And then, I'm outta here! Driving to Boston and back for my nephew's bar
mitzvah, should take about a week. Not sure if I'll work any birding
in... Then flying from here about a week from now to Texas, the LRGV, for
the "Dragonfly Days" festival where I'll be leading field trips.
Post-festival, either a post-fest Mexican dragonflying trip to Chipinque
near Monterrey, or a few days of chasing things around south Texas. Then
flying to Santa Rosa, California, for a friend's wedding, and hopefully
about six species of woodpeckers.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose