Blue Ridge at Soco Gap

With the locating expertise of Don Hendershot, I was able to add Canada
warbler to this year's list today.  Very close to where he spotted it
this weekend...at the entrance to Heintooga Spur Rd.  Black throated
blues in this area also.

The veery sings ever so fluidly at Big Witch Overlook but is so elusive.
Guess I'll have to work for him.

I think I'm going to have my siskins around for a while longer..maybe
all summer.  There were four babies being fed amongst the oldsters
today.  They are as unpredictable as the crossbills and may necessitate
my getting another job just to afford niger.

Connie Ward
Maggie Valley NC
cward@haywood.main.nc.us