cedar waxwings

Hi y'all,
    While doing field work today a few miles from Murrells Inlet, SC we had
a group of 6 - 8 waxwings working thru a stand of Loblolly Pine. Also a pair
of Swallow-tailed Kites soaring northward, with a Mississippi cruising along
with them.
    Day before yesterday, 3 Spotted Sandpipers foraging around a pond on a
local golf course.
    On the home front, the hummingbird games are in full swing.
    Ain't it great?

Cheers,
Gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
axis1@sccoast.net
"Only under the condition of ordeal may I recover the sparrow." (Walker
Percy)